Minerva Canada, a non-profit volunteer-run organization, aims to be a global leader in health and safety management education by influencing the curriculum of business and engineering schools to ensure that future business leaders create healthier and safer workplaces.
What we deliver to business and engineering schools:
- Practical teaching materials, tools and initiatives that can be integrated in the business and engineering curricula to train tomorrow’s leaders in the skills of incident and injury prevention.
- Learning forums that introduce business and engineering professors, post-graduate students and lecturers to the principles, theories and applications related to health and safety management that may not be their core competency.
- Opportunities for learning and sharing best practices through events where you are exposed to an array of viewpoints and knowledge from industry, government, and other academics.
- Fundamental principles that help instil a culture of safety education among educators, institutions and Canada’s future leaders – the students.
- Student Awards and Competitions that encourage them to integrate safety into engineering designs.
- Collective wisdom on what industry seeks from new graduates entering the workplace and how health and safety management concepts are being applied in the workplace.